Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Monday 6/16/2008... A Day I Never Want To Repeat Again!

Although we had a week to prepare ... Monday was one of the hardest days of our lives and one that I hope we never have to repeat again. We had to say goodby to one of our dear doggie friends. All my life there have been pets in my home and for one reason or another I have never had to say goodby in this way. We have been married for almost 13 years and Bently had been with us for all of them. He was 15.5 years old. His health was failing and hearing and eyesight poor. Please rest easy Old Friend we will miss you.



Right after that we drove to the Shriners hospital to have Olivia's casts taken off. I cried while she screemed in terror. Once the casts were off they fitted her for a brace. Then they recasted her right leg for another 4 weeks and she will get her brace then. Right now we are working on standing and taking baby steps.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Mystina. I am so sorry. I know how hard it is to lose a pup. Our old man is 14 and every day is a gift with him.

BloggyMom said...

Is that the same dog you had in Lincoln?? So very sorry!!